Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finally!

So, if there is anything I have learned in all of this, it is this.... always trust your instincts and always go for a second opinion! My Doctor kept telling me nothing was wrong with me, but I knew that there was... I went to a DO instead of an MD, and I was feeling incredibly guilty about it. I felt like I was cheating on my Dr, lol. Anyway, because I got a kidney stone, the DO went ahead and tested my thyroid for a particular hormone, even though all my preliminary tests of my thyroid came back normal. I am SO glad he did!

My PHT level is supposed to be between 12 and 35. Mine is 96! It has something to do with cortisol and the breakdown of calcium, which is why I got a kidney stone! And remember how I told you about the side of my face swelling up? It's because I have a stone in my saliva gland!

Still don't know what's causing the high PHT level, I need to go see an endocrinologist now, but at least I'm on the right path! I feel 100% better just because I'm on my way to a diagnosis! I'll keep you posted, and I'm already crafting again!

No comments: